Oct 30, 2011

Kansas Schools - Blue Valley School district


We rocked!
 I said 'we', it was a team effort with the teachers. Louanne Hein, So Choi and Tara who just had a baby (hooray!) wrote a grant to their school district and made it happen. Teachers conducted pre-visit-lesson-plans and when I entered each school, I saw Sumi-e, Japanese paint brushing and Gyataku, fish prints, on the walls. Louanne and So helped me every minute of my visits to schools.

More is on their school page.

http://www.bluevalleyk12schools.org/kuniko-yamamoto-brings-her-talents-to-stages-in-blue-valley

On my last night  So took me and Louanne to a Korean restaurant. We had Kimuchee, Bulkogi and Bibibap.  So's family is from Korea and explained details about the food. It was a lot of fun! Can we do that again?

Love to you all,
Kuniko

No comments: